2017 National Social Science Fund Project Application Announcement
Approved by the National Leading Group for Philosophy and Social Science Planning, the “National Social Science Fund Project 2014 Annual Project Guide” and “Reporting Announcement” will be released, and the relevant matters for the 2014 National Social Science Fund Project Reporting Work will be announced as follows: /P><BR><P align="left">First, the guiding ideology for applying for the National Social Science Fund Project is to hold high the great banner of socialism with Chinese characteristics, to Deng Xiaoping Theory, the important thinking of the "Three Represents", and the scientific development concept. For the guidance, thoroughly implement the spirit of the Third Plenary Session of the 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China and the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, implement the spirit of the introductory speech of General Secretary Jin Ping, adhere to the emancipation of the mind, the facts, advance with the times, seek truth and be pragmatic, and adhere to major practical issues. Focusing on the direction of the main attack, adhering to the basic research and applied research, constructing a philosophy and social science innovation system, giving play to the role of the national social science fund demonstration and guidance, promoting the philosophy and social science to serve the party and the country's overall work, and serving the great development and prosperity of socialist culture.
2. The "2014 National Social Science Fund Project Guide" focuses on a series of new ideas, new theories and new initiatives put forward by General Secretary Xi Jinping's series of speeches, the Third Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee and the National Propaganda and Ideological Work Conference. Topics are placed in the prominent positions of various disciplines, and relevant disciplines should be combined with their own characteristics and advantages to declare key topics, and focus on the introduction of in-depth and in-depth research results. </ P><BR><P align="left"> Third, apply for the National Social Science Fund Project, basic research must strive for originality, pioneering and high academic value, applied research must be realistic, targeted Sexuality and strong decision-making reference value, and strive to introduce research results that reflect national standards.
4. Applicants must meet the following conditions: abide by the Constitution and laws of the People's Republic of China; have the ability to conduct independent research and organize research, and be able to undertake substantive research work; have a senior professional or higher (including) professional technical title (job), Or have a doctorate. If you do not have a senior professional or higher (including) professional technical title (job) or a doctoral degree, you can apply for a youth project, but you must have two written recommendations from peer experts with positive professional technical titles (jobs). Young project applicants and members of the research team are not older than 35 years of age (born after March 1, 1979). Members of the research team or referees must obtain their consent and sign and confirm, otherwise they will be deemed to be in violation of the declaration. Applicants can participate in the application as a member of the research team by absorbing overseas researchers according to the actual needs of the research. Full-time graduate students cannot apply, and in-service doctoral students (postdoctoral) who have the conditions for application apply from their workplace.
5. The applicants of the project must meet the following conditions: they have strong academic resources and research strength in related fields; they have scientific research management functions; they can provide the necessary conditions for conducting research and promise credibility. When applying for a National Social Science Fund project from a part-time job as a part-time employee, the part-time employer shall review the authenticity of the formal employment relationship of the part-time staff, assume project management responsibilities and promise credit guarantee.
6. The scope of the project application involves 23 disciplines, and the Application Form must be completed in accordance with the National Social Science Fund Project Declaration Data Code Form. Interdisciplinary research topics should be selected as the main subject with the principle of “close to priority”. The declarations of the separate disciplines of education, art, and military science are separately organized by the National Education Science Planning Office, the National Arts Science Planning Office, and the All-Army Social Science Planning Office.
Seventh, the "National Social Science Fund Project 2014 Annual Project Guide" entries are divided into two categories: scoped items and specific topics. Scope items only stipulate the scope and direction of the study. Applicants should design their own specific topics according to this. Applicants who do not have clear research objects and problem-oriented applications will not be accepted and approved. According to the topic selected for specific topics, different research perspectives should be chosen. , methods and focus, the textual description of the topic can be modified as appropriate. As long as they meet the guiding ideology and basic requirements of the Project Guide, each discipline encourages applicants to declare their own topics (including key topics) based on research interests and academic accumulation. The self-selected topics and the topics selected in accordance with the “Guide to the Question” are treated in the same way in the review process, evaluation criteria, project indicators, and funding intensity. Whether it is a topic selected according to the "Guide to the Question" or a self-selected topic, the title of the project should be scientific, rigorous, normative and concise, and generally no subtitles.
8. In 2014, the National Social Science Fund Project continued to implement the quota application, and the quota index was issued separately. Local social science planning offices, entrusted management agencies and applicants in Beijing should focus on improving the quality of declarations and appropriately controlling the number of declarations, especially to reduce duplicate declarations of similar topics.
9. The amount of funding for the application of the project is: 400,000 yuan for key projects and 200,000 yuan for general projects and youth projects. Applicants should prepare scientific and reasonable budgets according to the actual needs in accordance with the requirements of the National Social Science Fund Management Measures (amended in May 2013) and the National Social Science Fund Project Fund Management Measures.
X. The time limit for completion of the National Social Science Fund Project, the basic theoretical research is generally 3-5 years, and the applied countermeasure research is generally 2-3 years.